This role is focused on leading client accounts on consultative engagements and research projects such as ESG strategy development, data collection, ESG management systems, framework alignment, policies and reporting, ESG ratings analysis, proxy voting, and ESG ETF and Index analysis.
Our Consultants are key drivers of our success. We are seeking professionals eager to gain knowledge and experience while making a strong contribution to our growing practice. Clermont offers consultants the opportunity to work on small teams alongside senior partners, while also interfacing directly with executives from our client companies.
- Lead and facilitate material delivery with clients by setting and distributing agendas, preparing appropriate client presentations, guiding discussion, answering client questions, and more
- Oversee the creation of a variety of deliverables ranging from project kickoff materials, benchmarking decks, research memorandums, project status updates, and more
- Lead team members and ensure individual contributors are on track to deliver high-quality materials on time
- Anticipate client questions or new client needs before they come in and adapt the project plan and timelines accordingly
- Manage client ESG disclosure for tracking and reporting ESG performance to various stakeholders
- Assist with ESG peer benchmarking, data mining, and chart building as part of broader projects and analyses
- Research, draft, revise, and present corporate policies on Environment and Social key issue areas
- Research ESG data and disclosure patterns through online platforms and data providers
- Serve as the primary liaison between Clermont Partners and our client point(s) of contact
- Serve as the primary source of quality assurance and review for materials or deliverables built by team members
- 2-5 years of experience with consulting, project management, client services, writing, and communications
- Experience with ESG standards, frameworks, and ratings including TCFD, SASB, CDP, UN Sustainable Development Goals, GRI, MSCI, Sustainalytics, ISS, etc.
- Strong research, analytical, and data analytics skills
- Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, and database management
- Interest in financial markets, corporate strategy, ESG, and investor relations
JD, MBA or BA in Economics, Finance, Sustainability, Sustainable Accounting or related fields or equivalent years of industry experience. Certifications related to SASB or TCFD appreciated.